Monday, February 04, 2008

TOTALLY Spoilt

OK, a little back story here. When DH and I first married I was not that fond of diamonds, I preferred emeralds, sapphires etc. I am not sure whether it's because I grew up around the diamond mines of South Africa and diamonds seemed like a dime a dozen (or as they say in South Africa, a tickey(2 pennies) a time); but colored gemstones seemed more precious to me.

When we got married I picked out a really nice emerald wedding ring, and loved it. When we moved to San Antonio we got to the point where we really had no money and we had to pawn some things. At that point my ring was getting a little tight for me, and as loath as I was to do it, I sold it so we could pay bills. I had other rings; Terry has bought me a ring with the birth of each one of our children. We chose not to sell any of those as they had way too much sentimental value. I wore the sapphire ring Terry bought me for the birth of Hayley, our third child as my wedding ring.

Fast forward to now: we are doing much, much better, we have some money in savings, we have income coming in, and last June Terry said he wanted to buy me a new ring. He wanted me to get diamonds, and he wanted it big. "I want people to know we are married," he joked. We found a ring and have been saving. We had hoped to get it for Christmas but couldn't swing it. However he made some extra, extra money in January and went ahead and got the ring.

Here is my new rock!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM , Blogger JC said...

GASP!! You deserve it babe!
I really like that square cut. I bet it looks amazing on your finger. Congratulations.

 
At 7:49 AM , Blogger AudreyO said...

Wow, beautiful ring. Wear it with great joy and happiness.

Audrey :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home