Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Smelker News

It's been a while since I posted; mostly because since the beginning of the year (I know, I know, only 3 weeks!) I have been slammed with work. It's a good thing, really! It is either that or get an office job. As much as I enjoyed working for DNP Photo last December, I much prefer the flexible schedule working from home allows me to have. I can volunteer at the school as needed, in fact tomorrow I have to stand in the copy room for a couple of hours copying the newsletter I created for the nine week period ending on Friday.

Warrick has moved back home. Last June he moved to a friend's house, a kind of half way point between leaving home, striking out on his own in an apartment. Even though he makes good money (for an 18 year old) he realised he just couldn't make it financially, not without incurring debt and he KNOWS how we feel about debt! We invited him to move back and I am happy he is here. We seldom see him, he leaves for work in the morning, comes home for dinner some nights and then works on his college material.

Terry has been kept very busy by a client named Chris Voss. He was recently featured on local television about his work on a particular home, Sitterle Homes. The neat thing is Terry actually designed several of the pieces mentioned in the article, and then Chris created them. Right now Chris is working with a VP of Dell in Austin, and Terry designed several of the pieces that Chris will now create from iron.

As the weather warms I am sure we will spend more time outside! We took advantage of the warm weather at the end of December and spent the day at the zoo, but it has been too cold for even these Michigan transplants to return!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home