Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I LOVE being right!

I received a call from Domingo's immediate superior just a few minutes ago. He received my letter and went and checked out everything I said and checked the forms I used. Everything I said was correct and Domingo was wrong. He apologised on behalf of Domingo. Apparently the supervisor even went so far as to phone the Passport office in Houston to confirm that all the paperwork that the Post Office has is correct.

Small victory, but a sweet one. The power of the pen is not to be underestimated! Now I am waiting to hear back from the U.S. State Department as well. During our conversation, Domingo told me that the paperwork was outdated and I needed to take it up with the State Department. I don't think he realised I would take him seriously!

Letters DO work!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:48 PM , Blogger JC said...

LOL- THAT IS SOOOO AWESOME!!! I just can't believe that a government agence actually called you back! WOW. I'm very impressed.

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger The Smelker Seven said...

Well, now I am waiting to hear from the State Department. As I mentioned to my father in another email: what if I spoke limited English – would the guy still have been so rude to me? My biggest frustration is how dismissive he was, he refused to even look at the paperwork – he had his preconceived ideas and nothing I was going to say was going to change them. I wonder how many other people take the time to write, but I know from previous experience a well thought out, and researched letter can do more damage than yelling at the person who refuses to help.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home