Monday, March 13, 2006

New Home Sweet Home

I will add photos later (once we find the camera AND have everything set up!) but we are officially in our new house. We got the keys on Friday, picked up the 26-foot U-Haul on Saturday, and with many willing helpers began the arduous task of loading and then unloading. (Thanks to ALL who helped!) We couldn't fit all our stuff in one load so Terry had to go back for another load, and in fact we still have some things at the other house - all of our wall hangings are there, as well as some of our garage things, Teagan's pottery wheel and my garden equipment.

This new house is gi-normous! Seriously - I could fit the house we just moved from into the bottom floor, still have room to spare and we have a whole 'nother storey. All the bedrooms are built big, and we have a game room so the kids don't actually have to keep their toys in their bedrooms any longer - something I have always wanted to do.

My garden will need some TLC - it has been an awfully dry winter and the grass is still brown and there are bare patches. Also, for some reason there is a pile of rocks in the middle of the garden, just dumped there - I will certainly be exercising some muscles to get rid of them. Speaking of muscles, we are all sore...but happy.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM , Blogger JC said...

It's great to have you back in Blogland. I'm so excited for you guys. Glad that 26 footer worked out for ya'll! (hee hee heee- do I sound like a Texan?)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home