Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Spring Is In The Air


Well, it never really left Texas! My landlady gave me some plantings on Monday that I placed in my garden this afternoon - and then I had to water the grass again. We have had an unseasonably hot and arid winter, with burn bans still in effect (actually the signs on the freeway say 'Arson/Burn Ban In Effect' - like any arsonists are going to care and a sign is going to deter them, but I digress...) and so the garden still needs tender loving care.


It felt good though to get my hands in the dirt again, and know that the plantings I was given are going to grow year round.

1 Comments:

At 5:53 PM , Blogger JC said...

Oh that is a beatiful flower. Thanks for sharing!
Tomorrow it's supposed to be up to about 60- then cold and snowy for the weekend. Gotta love the mid-west!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home