Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Mother's Day Out

OK, so here in San Antonio many churches offer a service called Mothers Day Out, a programme that can run anywhere from 2 to 5 days a week for about 6 hours at a time. It is not a pre-school, and children as young as 6 weeks can attend the programme. (Where was this when my kids were little??!)

Our church started their programme last summer, and in November I was approached by the children's pastor to take over the directorship of the programme, and expand it both with the number of children and also the number of days we will offer the services. Today was my first day, and it went off very well even if I say so myself.

Right now I will have to do some teaching, but the idea is that I will hire the teachers and make sure the curriculum is in place, my main job is to direct it, and administrate.

It was weird to actually go to a job too! I have not worked outside the home in eight and a half years, but seeing this is only twice a week (for now) it is very do-able.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM , Blogger JC said...

With that accent, you can advertise that you have SuperNanny advise and get even more mom's to sign up!
I'm so glat the program is off and running. We're so thrilled for you guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home