Thursday, December 01, 2005

Who Sat Where?



Last night our church was privileged to have Lisa Bevere come and speak to our ladies (Women of Worth) as a guest speaker. Once a month, Pastor Beverly hosts this event and she sets it up as a television interview. Lisa spoke about two of her books, "The True Measure of a Woman", and "You Are Not What Weigh".

I had never heard Lisa speak before, and she was awesome! Funny, quick-witted and above all beautiful! Bold too. I was lucky enough to sit in the front row (I was an official helper) and at one point she got up to demonstrate a point. Next thing I know she is strolling towards me, and then sat on my lap! She was talking about her youngest son and his freedom to sit on her lap every morning, and I was her guinea pig.

The one thing I appreciated more than anything was her uncompromising attitude when it comes to the Word of God. She spoke the Word, and can recite scripture so naturally, you know that the Word is lodged in her heart, and not just her head - she is living the Word, not just speaking it.

If you have never heard her speak, or read one of her books, I would highly recommend you get to listen or read. She is filled with wisdom and is entertaining besides!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM , Blogger The Smelker Seven said...

LOL - I think I should add my two girls to the list as well!

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger JC said...

I'm so jealous you got to meet Lisa Bevere. I too enjoy her books, but I havn't read the ones you mentioned. A few weeks ago I went to Family Life to pick up one of her books- and they were all sold out. I verified that the store did carry them, and I was told that they do- they just sell out of them so fast.

OK-what's with the profile pic???LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home