Saturday, January 14, 2006

FINALLY!! We saw the movie!


"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe", of course, which movie did you think I meant? We took our kids, plus one extra with us last night, and although it was late, and two of them said they were tired, they were so gripped by the events of the film, they could not sleep!

The beauty of it all is that I received a copy of the Chronicles as a Christmas gift, and I started reading a chapter a night of the books to the kids - starting with The Magician's Nephew. This book describes the beginning of Narnia, how the Witch enters Narnia, why there is a lamppost in the middle of the woods, and even why the wardrobe is magical. (Good reading - I would recommend it to any person who likes The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.

Now I can't wait for the movie to come out on DVD!

3 Comments:

At 6:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Wasn't it a wonderful family film? I thoroughly enjoyed it too and look forward to owning the DVD. Sue W.

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger JC said...

Oh I'm so glad you guys finally got to see that! We'll certainly be buying that one on DVD.

 
At 7:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandma Bonnie bought me the set of books when I was 11. The movie was better than I could have imagined. As cranky as she could be at the end, it was great to have the movie bring back some really good memories...it was truely magical :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home