Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Weekend Antics

I posted pictures to my Mac page, but thought I would blog a bit about the weekend we had. On Friday night I took the kids to The Magik Theatre for a delightful night of Schoolhouse Rock. Afterwards we hung out at the Hemisfair Park playground before driving home.


The following day we decided to return to the park because there is so much to see and do there. We explored the Mexican Cultural Institute and spent some time playing in the fountains. I didn't realise there were so many lovely water features all around San Antonio.


On Monday night we went bowling. The Brunswick Thousand Oaks Bowl offers a Bowl for a Buck Monday and Wednesday nights from 9:30PM to midnight. Boy, was it busy. I am glad I decided to go ahead of time and place our names on a waiting list. But by 9:50 we were on a lane and having loads of fun.


Today the kids and I went to The Witte Museum. This museum offers free entrance on Tuesday afternoons, and again, is it ever popular! We parked at the zoo because the museum currently only has 75 spaces, and we took the little train over, although we could have walked. A good time was had by all as we explored the habitat of dinos; built a pyramid, and explored the power air has. Teagan and Hayley also got to ride the Skycycle, a weighted bicycle that is propelled on a tightrope. Carson was all ready to do it too but his legs wouldn't reach the pedals (although he made the height restriction).

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home