Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Possibly the Wettest Summer?

I suppose I shouldn't be complaining about all the rain we've received so far this summer since last year the summer was so dry we had watering bans - but I have to cut my grass once a week at the moment! Last year if we mowed three times the entire summer that was a lot, this summer already I have mowed more times than I can count. And it takes me 90 minutes just to mow, and I haven't even started edging yet!

The rain has sometimes put a crimp in the family activities - there have been a couple of times I've loaded the kids up for the pool and then the deluge starts. And here in San Antonio that's what we get, a deluge. The Weather Channel has issued several flash flood warnings for San Antonio. We have learnt to take those seriously. Every year the news reports of some unfortunate soul who disregarded the warnings, attempts to ford a road (either on foot or in their car) and they get whisked away by the water. Invariably the story does not have a happy ending.

On a happier note though, the girls are almost done with the summer league swim team. This weekend marks the final meet. If either girl places in the top 5 of their division then they go onto a regional event, but frankly at this point I am not sure either one will place in the top 5. Competition has been stiff this year and with Hayley not competing for one school year she lost some ground. Next year I think she will fare better.

And just because I didn't want a text-only blog, here is a photo of the two newest members of the feline family - Drake and Puma relaxing together.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:42 PM , Blogger JC said...

those eyes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home