Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Summer Days

I thought summer was meant to be a time to relax, sleep in a bit, take it easy, take time to smell the roses as it were (although Terry bought me some last week that I have been smelling!) But since the first day of summer the kids and I have been on the go! I looked at my blog and realised that I hadn't posted anything in three weeks.

The girls have joined a swim team again this summer. We bought a family membership for a local neighbourhood association pool and they have a strong swim team. Every morning from 8:30 to 9:30 the girls train. They have had 2 meets so far and they are 2-0. Already the kids are turning blonde and my freckles have emerged in full force!

Terry and I were roped into going on the chidlren's church camp again. We went last fall and I suppose we must have done a good job of supervising the kids because we were asked to return. Coffee was my salvation from the sleepless nights (as you can see I am holding a cup here!)



Hayley participated in one of the 'electives' held, Butterfly Ballet. She loved it and it was great seeing her dance in front of 700 people. Terry as usual had a great time with the kids - being a big kid yourself I suppose helps.





The girls have swim practice for another month, and then I suppose we might be able to sleep in a little later than usual.

I have been very busy with freelance work. Just this afternoon I signed off on a 700 page manual I had been editing for a client. That was a great feeling - it was a lot of work and I know more about retirement communities than I think anyone should ever know! The local papers have also been keeping me busy and I have actually been given my own weekly business column for one of them. That is fun because I get to choose what business I want to showcase and interview the owner.

So, the Smelker Summer is shaping up very well - perfect weather, wonderful pool and long summer days - my favourite time of year.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:17 PM , Blogger JC said...

I can't get to Terry's iMuse. Do you know what is up that?

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger mrswilly said...

sounds like our family...things are always busy when you have kids! It sounds like so much fun though. you look great by the way! coffee-a mum's best friend (spelling correct just for you). Take care! enjoy every moment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home