Thursday, July 05, 2007

Tag! I'm It!

Earlier on this week a friend of ours, Bob 'tagged' me. Generally the 'taggee' has to answer a series of questions (in this case there was just one) and then tag someone else. Thanks Bob! Actually I enjoyed the experience as the question did make me think about my answers and why I truly feel the way I do.

So here are my answers to "Five Things I Dig About Jesus".

1. I dig that Jesus always keeps His Word. Psalm 138:2 in the NKJV says, “You have magnified your Word above all your name.” I dig that He will ALWAYS keep His Word – both written and spoken. That fact alone brings the Word of God into a new perspective for me – His Word is alive. There truly is power in the Word.

2. I dig that Jesus is ever-faithful. Even though my world may collapse around me; even though I face challenges that seem too much to bear; even though I cannot rely on the love of those around me, I know He is there. I am comforted in knowing that if and when I face those times and I react in a less than stellar fashion and allow doubts to creep in that He will remain faithful to me according to 2 Timothy 2:13.

3. I dig that Jesus left the Holy Spirit. Because of the Holy Spirit I have the power to overcome sin, to witness, to preach, to intercede for others and myself. I dig that He leads me into all truth, and that He will tell me what is yet to come (John 16:13). I dig how the Holy Spirit is there to bring glory to Jesus, and therefore is my example in all things.

4. I dig that Jesus treated all earnest seekers with love, compassion and respect. In a time when women were not well regarded, Jesus treated women better than anyone else. Jesus spoke to people who were considered unclean. He talked to a foreign woman and gave her the ‘crumbs’ she asked for. It is comforting to this woman to know that in Christ there is neither “male nor female, for you are all one in Christ.” Gal 3:28.

5. I dig that in Jesus I am a child of God. Because I am a child of the Most High I have His favour, His Blessings, and everything that Jesus has. I am most grateful for the absolute sacrifice He made to give me that. I know I will probably never know the full extent of that sacrifice with my finite human comprehension. It’s like falling in love on a daily basis – always something new to learn and appreciate about my redemption.

So, now I have to pass this favour onto other people. Well, Jen and Sue consider yourselves tagged!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:32 AM , Blogger JC said...

I got it and I already have my five. I just need a few more than 5 minutes to post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home