Monday, March 05, 2007

He's Seven Today!

My 'baby' is seven today! Where does the time go? Nine short years before he starts driving, and wanting to chat up girls, and...

Carson was born early on a Sunday morning, the only one of our children not to arrive on a Wednesday. He was also my heaviest and longest child, weighing in at a respectable 8lbs 8 oz; and measuring 23 inches in length. Where he'd been hiding those extra inches is anyone's guess, because I carried 'small' with him - compared to some of my other pregnancies where I looked 9 months pregnant from 6 months on!



This morning he took his cupcakes to school, excited because although he has already had his party, he is officially seven today. Knowing him he will milk the birthday for all it's worth, telling the teacher he won't need to do work because it's his birthday.

Carson has come a long way. There are moments when I look at this child who cracks jokes, reads "Calvin & Hobbes", plays with Star Wars toys and loves the movie "Cars" and I am in awe of what he has become. From a diagnosis of autism to this...I am forever grateful to God for the miracle He brought about in Carson's life.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:43 PM , Blogger JC said...

Wow- what a great close up shot of him. He is really growing up! Yup- has your hair!! (hee hee- couldn't resist!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home