Monday, February 26, 2007

13 Years Ago Today...

Terry and I said, "I Do". The day was sunny, but freezing (well in reality it was below freezing being only 26 degrees) but we weren't about to allow a HUGE snowstorm from the day before and the subsequent non-arrival of some guests who were meant to fly in from Chicago spoil our day! I was excited, not nervous, and ready to start my life as Mrs. Terry Smelker. We decided to get married at a church Terry used to attend - Woodlawn Church of God, and I wish I had a better photo of it, this one doesn't do it justice!


After a brief honeymoon we settled into a two-bedroom apartment in Dearborn, one that for the next 18 months we were destined to call home.


We have moved many times since then, but that doesn't matter - where Terry and my kids are is where I belong. I love you honey - may the next 13 years be as exciting and wonderful (although with less births!)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:21 PM , Blogger pixel_pusher said...

I know we said, "for better or for worse", but the last thirteen years has been overwhelmingly "for Better"! I am so blessed to wake up every day and know that we walk together on this amazing journey we've undertaken. I love you with all my heart, I'm so proud of you and all you do! Happy Anniversary, Cori!

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger JC said...

wow- i didn't realize that Monday was your day! I knew that it was 13 years this year, but forgot that you guys were in the winter. I remember looking at your wedding book one Sunday during choir. Remember those days??? Congratulations you guys!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home