Friday, December 22, 2006

All I Want For Christmas...


Is peace and quiet! Of course I understand that every Joe Shmoe is out after work picking up the latest gagdet, but do they have to be so aggressive on the road? One little Honda sports-car wanna-be was on the freeway last night and zipped between an almost non-existent gap to cut in front of me. I guess going 65 miles an hour in a 65 mile an hour zone when the traffic cops are all around is just not fast enough, eh? Thirty seconds later he zipped back into the 'slow' lane and then proceeded to take to the shoulder to overtake some truck! Where's a cop when you need one?

I have to say for the most part, people have been very patient, even though we can sit in traffic for 10 minutes at one traffic light; and wait in check out lines for an eternity. So perhaps the Christmas spirit is not dead after all. But I am happy to say that last night was the last time I had to venture out for gifts. Next time I go will be for groceries - and hopefully AFTER Christmas!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home