Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Where Does The Time Go?

Seventeen years ago, in a hospital in Pretoria, South Africa my world was changed forever. I went from being Corinne, student, and daughter, to Corinne, mother of a son. Little did I know then when I wrestled with names for this infant of mine, what a blessing he would be, not only to me, and my family, and then later on my husband and his family, but to the people around him.

Warrick exudes an air of quiet confidence, and natural leadership. He is one of the most driven people I have ever met, and I marvel sometimes that he is my son. I picked his name because it means to "Crown a King" and "Leader", little knowing that he would live up to his name. I had initially wanted to call him Aidan - which means "Happiness" but under pressure from family, caved in. In retrospect, I made a wise choice in his name.

Today he has proven himself to be trustworthy, reliable, a go-getter and not afraid of hard work. He graduated high school 2 years early and is on his way to College to earn a Business Management degree, but the company for whom he is working already has him keeping their books.

So today as I reflect on this son of mine who is no longer a child, I thank God for him. My life has been enriched and changed because of him, and I can honestly say he has taught me so much - he is wise beyond his years.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home