Monday, October 23, 2006

Another Birthday Comes Around


On Wednesday night, October 21st, 1998 at 10:20pm I went into labour with Garrick. 45 minutes later, at 11:05pm, dark-haired Garrick made his arrival, weighing in at a respectable 7lbs 12oz and measuring a titchy 19 inches! I called some friends of mine to announce his arrival and Joanna said, "Oh, I was expecting your call, it's Wednesday after all."

Warrick had been born on a Wednesday afternoon, 6 years later his sister made her appearance on a Wednesday afternoon, followed 17 months later by her sister on a Wednesday morning. When Garrick went past his due date the joke at church was I had to wait to the following Wednesday before having the baby - and he complied!

Garrick is now a smart, energetic, art-loving 8-year old, with a quirky sense of humour and a very sensitive nature - and I would not want him any other way.

We love you Garrick!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:44 AM , Blogger JC said...

Isn't it amazing how we mom's remember every detail about the day our children were born? I still have you beat with my 12 minute labor though! (But I have less children so your overall average is still less then mine. Gee- I'm not comptetitive or anything am I???) ;-)

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger The Smelker Seven said...

Yeah, but you are counting from the time your water broke - if I did that mine would be 2 minutes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home