Saturday, August 05, 2006

Happy Birthday to...ME

Yeppers - almost 40 now - this is my last year in the 30's and I have to say I am excited about it. I know some people look at turning 39 as something to panic about, and seeing the big 4-0 looming, almost get depressed, but I am not one of them. If I look at my life I have to say I am really happy with what I have achieved and where I am emotionally, and spiritually (physically I could still stand to lose a couple more pounds, but that's a whole 'nother story!)

Today we went to Six Flags as a family, hung out in the wave pool, did the Tornado and the Texas Tumble, waded around the Lazy River and in essence just enjoyed some family time. Then it was home for me to clean up so I could go and enjoy the gift Terry had got for me. A two hour trip to a spa! Massage, manicure and pedicure - I walked out feeling refreshed and really relaxed.



I made a special shrimp dinner tonight (thanks to Betty Crocker online!) and I have to say that on a scale of 1 to 10, my day hovers right around a 10.

1 Comments:

At 5:49 PM , Blogger JC said...

The shrimp looks amazing! I'm going to have to look that one up. What is the picture above the shrimp, is that the spa?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home