Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Twins are three weeks old today

A friend emailed me on Friday to remind me that the 21st was my due date for the twins, and wasn't I glad I didn't carry that far? I emailed her back and said the 21st would have been out of the question anyway because it was Garrick's birthday and I was not about to have the twins on his birthday!

I reflect on the intervening three weeks and I am so grateful I took this opportunity to carry the twins for Wendall and Laurie. Their struggle to have children opened my eyes to a whole demographic of the human population who, for a variey of reasons, are unable to carry biological children of their own. I will never look at fertility issues in quite the same way again. It also makes me so grateful to realise just how easy in comparison my own pregnancies were and how I took them for granted.

To all those who have struggled with fertility issues, keep up the good fight, and remember, God is bigger than any problem you face, and He has the answer for you.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM , Blogger JC said...

Just think how big those kids would be if you did deliver them on the 21st!!! YIKES!
Watching you go through all this has opened my eyes as well. Thanks for being so open about it all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home