Sunday, May 11, 2008

Special Mother's Day

Some Mother's Days stick in your memory like super glue. One year Terry and the kids bought me a diamond solitaire necklace. Last year we were driving home from a vacation from Disney World.

This year has far surpassed my expectations. Firstly, on Wednesday morning I was featured on Great Day SA as they told our story of being a surrogate. That show was repeated this morning - Mother's Day.

Terry has booked a massage and facial for me at Spa Jane. I will go and enjoy that on Thursday morning, and I am thoroughly looking forward to it.

But my biggest surprise came this morning as I made my way downstairs after getting ready for church. On the kitchen table was a smallish bag with a couple of cards. I read the cards and then took the gift paper off the bag. I was expecting something small like perfume, or perhaps a watch, but what I saw instead was this:




Warrick and Terry decided to split the cost of the phone and yesterday while they were out picking up Warrick's new bed, they stopped off at The Apple Store and bought me the one and only cell phone I have said I wanted! I am not really a gadget kind of person, I seldom use anything other than my iMac on a regular basis. But when the iPhone debuted last year, I said to Terry, "I want that phone!" It's the only time I have ever asked for a gadget! Terry was thrilled, thinking that maybe I was becoming a gadget geek like him.

So, welcome to my new phone - like any Mac product in this house, it has a name. I have named my phone Aidan, it means 'happiness' and was my first choice as a name for Warrick before I was persuaded to choose a different name. This is my first iPhone and therefore seemed appropriate.

This Mother's Day will certainly stick out in my mind!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:21 PM , Blogger JC said...

go go gadget girl!!

 
At 7:18 AM , Blogger mrswilly said...

oh man I want one!!!! baby apple....love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home