Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Eleven Today

Wednesday is a good day to have a baby in the Smelker household - four of our five children were born on a Wednesday, and Hayley was one of them.

I asked her several weeks ago what she would like for her birthday, and I then sent an email to Terry outlining the ideas. She asked for a laptop (not even close! Warrick got his as a graduation present); a TV - again a big, fat NO; and some Polly Pockets - well, ok, but they are not really a gift I would buy. Then she asked for a Nintendo DS, a handheld gaming system for those who don't have kids. I thought that was a brilliant idea, and so did Terry.

On Monday Terry went out and bought the system, a game, a protective cover for it, and Warrick bought a second game for it. Here is the look on her face when she opened the game:



Whenever birthdays and Christmas roll around I am reminded of God's love for us. As parents, Terry and I want to give our kids the very best (without spoiling them) and it breaks our hearts, if, for whatever reason, we are unable to. We know God wants to give his very best for us, and did, in the person of Jesus. I fall in love with Him just a little more every time one of my kids has a birthday.

HAPPY 11TH BIRTHDAY HAYLEY!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM , Blogger JC said...

I remember the day Hailey Claire was born & the first time I met her in the crazy hall at Brightmoor. I can't remember- was she Jesus that year or was it another one of your kids?

Happy Birthday Hailey!!! Jesus bless you Big!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home