Wednesday, September 07, 2005

How Big??

OK, so I go and see my OB today - officially I am 33 weeks and 6 days pregnant. A 'normal' pregnancy will last right around 40 weeks, although anything over 38 weeks is considered full term.

My OB measured my stomach today see how much the babies had grown. I was last measured two weeks ago when I was 31 weeks and 5 days pregnant. At that point, I measured at 38 weeks. In other words, if I was carrying one baby, I would be considered full term.

In just this last week I have really felt the babies growing. It's almost like my belly is a separate entity, and seems (in my eyes) to sway in front of me when I walk. Dr. Largoza measured me today and I measured at 43 weeks! I could barely believe my ears when she said that - no wonder I have been complaining about feeling big, I am!! The twins did 5 weeks worth of growing in 2 weeks.

But the good thing is that the babies are big and healthy - both are over 5lbs. We will get a more accurate idea of their size on Friday when I return for yet another ultrasound! (I think I have seen one doctor or another once a week since we started this whole process).

In the meantime I am holding on, 34 weeks is right around the corner. Anything past that is a bonus, and although part of me wants to be done already, another, more rational part knows that staying pregnant longer is the best thing for these babies.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home